Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
Today we start and end with articles about banking. The top of today's reading list has discussion sbout the need to rein in big banks ........ and the last article is about the need for public banking.
- Former Top Regulators Tell Congress to Rein in Big Banks (Lambert Strether, Naked Capitalism) Lambert Strether has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Exhausted Brazil (Luiz Felipe Lampreia, Project Syndicate)
- Here’s How Far Paula Deen’s Business Could Fall (Eric Schaal, Wall St. Cheat Sheet)
- Top 10 Most Liked U.S. Companies: 2013 (Ron Pechtimaldjian, AdvisorOne) See also the summary report for ranking by Harris Interactive of all 60 highly visible companies.
- Fed Officials Intensify Effort to Curb Surge in Interest Rates (Joshua Zumbrun, Bloomberg)
- How to Help Pay for Snowden's Getaway Without Being Caught? Bitcoins. (Winston Ross, The Daily Beast, 25 June 2013)
- The Shine Is Off (Nouriel Roubini, Slate) This was published June 9. Gold has declined to lows below $1,200 as June 28.
- Gold Likely Entering A Deflationary Spiral (Robert Wagner, Seeking Alpha)
- It Could Be A Long Summer Ahead For Gold Bulls (Tim Iacono, Seeking Alpha) Tim Iacono has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Banking without banksters (Martin Berg, AlterNet)