Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has two articles about the very wealthy; one defends the 1% and the other attributes banker and CEO page responsibility for rising inequality ........ and the last article discusses the new era for manufacturing in China.
- Former Bush, Romney Adviser Greg Mankiw Writes Paper 'Defending The One Percent' (Mark Gongloff, Huffington Post) Read the paper here.
- Banker, CEO Pay Largely Responsible For Rising Inequality: Study (Mark Gongloff, Huffington Post) Read the study here.
- 30 Best Paying College Majors: 2013 (Dan Berman, AdvisorOne)
- ‘Climate bomb’ warning over China coolant release (Kathrin Hille, Financial Times)
- Camouflaging the Vietnam War: How Textbooks Continue to Keep the Pentagon Papers a Secret (Bill Bigelow, Common Dreams) Hat tip to Rob Carter.
- A few comments on dumb policy (Bill McBride, Calculated Risk) There is a lot of dumb!
- Samsung Galaxy NX brings Android to interchangeable lens cameras (Simon Crisp, gizmag)
- PBoC breaks silence over China cash crunch (Simon Rabinovitch and Josh Noble, Financial Times) Read GEI News coverage.
- A new era for manufacturing in China (Karel Eloot, Alan Huang, and Martin Lehnich, McKinsey)