Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has Nobel laureate Joseph Stiglitz assessment of Japan's economic stimulus moves ........ and the last article maintains that Wall Street is winning the post-crisis regulation battle.
- Japan Is a Model, Not a Cautionary Tale (Joseph E. Stiglitz, The New York Times)
- A Long-Term Look at the Nikkei (Carl Swenlin, Pragmatic Capitalism)
- Police SWAT Team Used to Collect Student Debt (William Wagener, On Second Thought, ATA, YouTube) Hat tip to Russell Huntley.
- Government Loansharking (Malcolm Harris, Boston Review) Malcolm Harris has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Smart moves to boost Social Security (Susan B. Garland, Kiplinger's, MSN Money)
- Fiscalists vs market monetarists, a bloggy taxonomy (Cardiff Garcia, FT Alphaville) Lengthy, wonkish and throughly entertaining, including exceelent comments that follow.
- Wall Street is winning the long war against post-crash regulation (Heidi Moore, The Guardian)