Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list is Michael Hudson's discussion of Margaret Thatcher's legacy of failed privatization........ and the last article discusses the next Korean War.
- Michael Hudson: Thatcher’s Legacy of Failed Privatizations (Michael Hudson, Naked Capitalsim) Michael Hudson, Naked Capitalism) Michael Hudson is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.
- Monsanto's Next Target: Democracy (Ronnie Cummins and Katherine Paul, AlterNet)
- What Does Paul Ryan NOT Understand about Reserve Banking? (J.D. Alt, New Economic Perspectives) John Alt is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.
- Thatcher said that we have no alternatives. Progress requires that we prove her wrong. (Fabius Maximus) Fabius Maximus is a Global Economic Intersection contributor.
- Polynesian DNA mysteriously shows up in a Brazilian tribe (John Timmer, ars technica) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- The American Public Suffered Recession for 4 Decades Before the Financial Crisis Hit (Barbara Garson, AlterNet)
- Greece Challenged by JGBs for Most-Volatile Bonds (Masaki Kondo, Mariko Ishikawa and Yumi Ikeda, Bloomberg) High volatility in Japanese bonds a function of relatively large differences between very small numbers. The implication that Japan is the new Greece is merely statistical hype and a misrepresentation.
- Japan’s unfinished policy revolution (Martin Wolf, Financial Times) Japan needs to tax corporate savings?
- IRS claims it can read your e-mail without a warrant (Declan McCullagh, CNET). Hat tip to Roger Erickson who proclaims his love for the IRS, as does everyone at Global Economic Intersection.
- The Next Korean War (Kier A. Leiber and Daryl G. Press, Foreign Affairs)