March 22nd, 2013
Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list starts with a condemnation of the personal finance industry ........ and the last article suggests there is such a thing a good federal debt.
- The many failures of the personal finance industry (Tadas Viskanta, Abnormal Returns)
- Mediocre Economic News from Canada but a More Upbeat Tone Elsewhere (Alex Carrick, Reed Construction Data)
- Why Voters Trust the GOP with Their Tax Dollars... (Liz Peek, The Fiscal Times)
- Report: 18.2M health sensors will ship in 2017 (Jonah Comstock, Mobil Health News) Hat tip to Roger Erickson, who told Econintersect:
"Brilliant! Feed 'em crap that makes 'em sick (Buffet's Coca Cola? Krispy Kreme?), then help them monitor how sick they are."
- World's Largest High-Rise Data Center Opens in Downtown New York City (Gregory MacSweeney, Wall Street & Technology)
- America Has A Gigantic Energy Price Advantage Over Europe (Sam Ro, Business Insider)
- Rising Inequality: Transitory or Permanent? New Evidence from a Panel of U.S. Tax Returns (Jason DeBacker, Bradley Heim, Vasia Panousi, Shanthi Ramnath and Ivan Vidangos, Brookings Institute, 17 March 2013)
For male labor earnings, we find that the entire increase in the cross-sectional inequality over our sample period was permanent, that is, it reflected increases in the dispersion of the permanent component of earnings. For total household income, the large increase in inequality over our sample period was predominantly, though not entirely, permanent.
- Putting Our Money Where Our Mouth Is (Dylan Ratigan, Huffington Post)
- How Did Cyprus Become This Important? (the bonddad blog)
- Federal Debt: Good Debt versus Bad Debt (Bernie Markstein, Reed Construction Data)