Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list discusses the rise of Mexico and the decline of Brazil ........ and the last article is about life deep in the earth's crust below the bottom of the oceans.
- A Tale of Two Countries (Andres Velasco, Project Syndicate) The rise of Mexico and the decline of Brazil.
- Finra collecting conflict-of-interest data from 14 firms (Mark Schoeff Jr., Investment News, 15 March 2013) One of the dirtiest secrets about commissions and financial advice.
- Bankistan Vanquishes America (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture, 15 March 2013)
- Jaw Dropping Crimes of the Big Banks (Washington's Blog, 14 March 2013) Washington's Blog contributes to Global Economic Intersection.
- Inflation is *Not* What We Should Be Worried About (Mark Thoma, Economist's View, 14 March 2013)
- BRICs Abandoned by Locals as Fund Outflows Reach 1996 High (Michael Patterson, Julia Leite and Rajhkumar, Bloomberg, 15 March, 2013)
- How young people are getting poorer, in one chart (Suzy Khimm, The Washington Post, 15 March 2013)
- The stock market and economy are two very different animals (Tadas Viskantas, Abnormal Returns, 15 March 2013)
- Pocket Listings: Helpful or Harmful? (Zoe Eisenberg, RIS Media, 16 March 2013)
- Life Found Deep inside Earth's Oceanic Crust (Ed Yong, Nature Magazine, Scientific American, 14 March 2013)