Econintersect: Steve Keen's campaign to "crowd source" fund the completion of the Minsky financial system macro economic modeling system has just surpassed $64,000 with three days to go. The initial goal necessary to keep the Kickstarter campaign from closing ($50,000) was reached 21 February 2013. The contributions continued at a slower rate until this week when they have picked up again. Keen is making a last-minute appeal to try to reach a "stretch goal" of $100,000.
This Econintersect editor has made a personal contribution to the campaign and explained why he supports the research in an Op Ed.
Steve Keen discusses Minsky and economics issues with Max Kaiser on the Kaiser Report earlier this week. Keen's segment is the second half of this episode, starting at about minute 12.
Keen also appeared on the Yahoo Daily Ticker with Lauren Lyster Wednesday 13 March 2013 discussing the effect of debt on the prices of stocks.
On Tuesday 12 March 2013 Lauren Lyster interviewed Steve Keen on the dangerous debt build-up which Keen says is totally misunderstood by many in the U.S., including those in government.
- MINSKY: Reforming economics with visual monetary modeling (Steve Keen, Kickstarter, 09 February 2013)
- Why I'm Supporting Steve Keen (John Lounsbury, GEI Opinion, 08 March 2013)
- Steve Keen: Using Kickstarter to Fund Research (John Lounsbury, GEI News, 21 February 2013)
- Steve Keen Kickstarter Campaign Gaining Strength (John Lounsbury, GEI News, 22 February 2013)
- Minsky Program Status (John Lounsbury, GEI News, 11 March 2013)