Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list is a smackdown of economist Michael Boskin ........ and the last article calls the F-35A fighter program "treason." There is a lot of nastiness in between today.
- World’s Wrongest Man Ventures Latest Prediction (Jonathan Chait, The New York Times, 05 March 2013) A colossal smack-down of Michael Boskin. Boskin has contributed to a Great Debate© at Global Economic Intersection. GEI contributor Paul Kasriel took the other side.
- EU Calls on Spain to Hike Taxes Again, Economic Stupidity at its Finest (Mike Shedlock, MISH'S Global Economic Trend Analysis, 05 March 2013)
- Our Fiscal Anorexia (J.D. Alt, New Economic Perspectives) J.D. Alt has contributed to Global Economic Intersection.
- Will Canada’s Proposed Tar Sands Oil Pipeline Muck Up Its Pacific Coast? (Anne Casselman, Scientific American)
- RIGHT NOW: Marco Rubio Joins Rand Paul's Epic Filibuster On Civil Liberties (Grace Wyler, Business Insider) Things are getting down and dirty.
- Melting Arctic Ice Will Make Way for More Ships and More Species Invasions (Lisa Palmer, Scientific American) See also GEI News article.
- Continued Recovery in Housing Sends New Residential Construction Spending Higher in December (Bernard M. Berksstein, Reed Construction Data)
- Niall Ferguson: Paul Krugman's Style Of Debate Suggests He May Have Been Traumatized As A Child (Rob Wile, Business Insider) Forget about down and dirty - this is nasty.
- Ailes Calls Obama ‘Lazy,’ Biden ‘Dumb’ (Howard Kurtz, The Daily Beast) This is also nasty. Must be the weather this week.
- Winslow Wheeler: Treason They Name is F-35A — We Expect Hagel to “Do A Cheney” (Winslow Wheeler, Public Intelligence Blog) Great find! Hat tip to Roger Erickson.