Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list is an article discussing the Fed's "nascent debate" about asset purchases......... and the last two entires are by and about Paul Krugman who thinks Obama will not pass any major legislation in his second term.
- At Fed, Nascent Debate on When to Slow Asset Buying (Binyamin Appelbaum, The New York Times)
- Can the Federal Reserve Really Refuse To Accept and To Credit A Platinum Coin Deposited By the US Mint? (Joe Firestione, New Economic Perspectives)
- US Company Uses Fracking Technique to Extract Uranium (James Burgess, Oil Price.com) Hat tips to Roger Erickson and Selva Tinnan. Fracking to extract uranium right fron the near-surface aquifer.
- Massive Growth in Wastewater from Fracking Industry (Futurity, Oil Price.com)
- Honduras 'no longer functioning' after plunging over fiscal cliff (Alberto Arce, The Associated Press, NBC World News, 24 January 2013) Hat tip to Alice Marshall and Roger Erickson.
- To Serve a Democratic Electorate, You Have To Do Things That They're Too Ignorant To Understand? (Roger Erickson, Mike Norman Economics)
- Gauging Investor Sentiment with Twitter: New Update (Blair Jensen, Advisor Perspectives, dshort.com)
- China’s brokerages turn shadow banks (Simon Rabinovich, Financial Times)
- What We Have Less Of (Paul Krugman, The New York Times)
- Paul Krugman: Obama Won't Be Able To Pass Major Legislation In His Second Term (Bonnie Kavoussi, Huffington Post)