Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list leads with a discussion of great detail about legality concerns with the trillion dollar platinum coin ......... and the last story is a 2004 paper about how great markets stabilzed by derivatives are.
- Did the Fed have a legal basis for rejecting the Coin? (updated) (beowulf, Monetary Realism) For anyone who has followed the trillion dollar platinum coin discussion, this is ultimate in discussion about legal concerns. Read ALL the comments. Hat tip to Joe Firestone.
- Open Letter to Mary Jo White (Sal Arnuk, Advanced Trading) A plea for dark pool regulation.
- Sundance Documentary Investigates Google's Global Rise to Power (Adario Strange, PC Mag) Is Google a conspiracy? Theft on a global scale?
- Richard Koo Debunks the “Deleveraging is Almost Done, American Consumer Getting Ready for Good Times” Meme (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Once Unthinkable, Severe Spending Cuts Now Seem Plausible (Chris Frates and Stacy Kaper, National Journal) The sequester is the best political deal obtainable?
- What Kind of Liberal is Obama? An Increasingly Crafty One (John Cassidy, The New Yorker)
- Schwager: Investors are their own worst enemy (Kira Brecht, Trader Planet)
- How Capital Markets Enhance Economic Performance and Facilitate Job Creation (William Dudley and Glenn Hubbard, Global Markets Institute, Goldman Sachs) Pure brilliance from the past.