Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list says that Gen. Petraeus created his own image ......... and the last story is an NBER working paper about middle class wealth destruction.
- How Petraeus Created the Myth of His Success (Gareth Porter, Truthout) Follow links with this article to other related articles. Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Big Lies about Central Banking (Joseph E. Stiglitz, Project Syndicate)
- Fighting the fire of China's corruption (Rita Alvarez Tudela, Al Jazeera) Hat tip to The Marvin Clark Daily.
- History of the Proof Platinum Coin Concept, 2010-2013 (Lambert Strether, Corriemte) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- Helicopter Ben alert: The Fed really is printing money (Edward Harrison, Credit Writedowns)
- Rick Santelli’s First Insane Rant of 2013 (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture) And some agree with him - see here.
- Remembering the 1998 Ice Storm in Upstate New York and Montreal (Derek Muirden, Jack LaDuke and Thom Hallock, Borderless North) Your managing editor lived through this. Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- The Contradictions of the Chinese economy: the decline as the end of a "miracle" (Кризис и Мир - World Crisis) A Russian view of China.
- The Asset Price Meltdown and the Wealth of the Middle Class (Edward N. Wolff, NBER Working Paper)