Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list is a report about the biggest decline in volatility since the $VIX was started in 1990 ......... and the last story is about the top five Republicans who think a government shutdown over the debt limit is an option to pursue.
- Are You Prepared for Rising Rates? Bond Fund Duration (Dion's Fidelity Independent Advisor) How do use average bond duration for a mutual fund or ETF.
- The Science of Sex Abuse (Rachel Aviv, The New Yorker)
- The Elements of Social Unrest Loom Large Across Europe (Matthew Boesler, Business Insider)
- Why didn't the GOP take any bows for the budget deal? (Robert Hordt, Investment News)
- FINRA Advances Bonus Disclosure Plan for Brokers (Melanie Waddell, Advisor One) A start to remove the shield from a long abused conflict of interest?
- A temperature below absolute zero (R&D Magazine)
- Nomination seals break with past policies (Richard McGregor, Financial Times)
- U.S. banks settle foreclosure charges for $8.5 billion (New York Financial Press Video)
- The 5 Top Republicans Open to Shutting the Government to Get Their Way (Niraj Chokshi, National Journal)