Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has a banker's view of government spending from the St. Louis Fed......... and the last two articles are the latest from Matt Taibbi at Rolling Stone.
- "Choices Are Everywhere: Why Can't We Just have It All?" (Page One Economics, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis) Hat tip to Roger Erickson. The St. Louis Fed says the amount of money provided by the government is limited by revenue and not by needs of the economy.
- The most influential President of our time is. . . (David Kaiser, History Unfolding) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- Yes, Virginia, The Rich Did Very Well With the Fiscal Cliff Deal (Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism)
- U.S. and China leave feeble Europe in their wake (Jeremy Grant, Reuters) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- Why You Won’t Be the Person You Expect to Be (John Tierney, The New York Times)
- U.S. Government Using Terrorism Against the American People (Washington's Blog)
- Fixing The Problem Isn’t Difficult (Monty Pelerin's World) Found by Gary, with hat tip to Zero Hedge.
- The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia (Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone)
- Secret and Lies of the Bailout (Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone) The federal rescue of Wall Street didn’t fix the economy – it created a permanent bailout state based on a Ponzi-like confidence scheme. And the worst may be yet to com.