Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has two provocative articles by Justin Fox in the Harvard Business Review......... and the last story is the Birinyi projection of a bull market for stocks in 2013.
- What Will Make These Fiscal Showdowns Stop? (Justin Fox, Harvard Business Review)
- The End of Economists' Imperialism (Justin Fox, Harvard Business Review)
- Bloomberg Billionaires Index (Bloomberg) It takes $18.5 billion to get 4oth place.
- UPDATE: Suddenly, Lots Of Influential People Are Talking About The Trillion Dollar Coin Idea To Save The Economy (Joe Weisenthal, Business Insider) This has been on our reading list before, but worth reading again, if only for its brevity. And for an even briefer assessment, read this and this. (The second link includes some deep history.) For a longer up to date summary, read Joe Firestone.
- Employment Healing Continues, But Still Frustratingly Gradual (Mohamed A. El-Erian, The Huffington Post)
- Election Map 2012 (flickr from Yahoo) Red states, blue states, but a purple nation.
- 3 Economic Indicators to Keep in Mind (Dan Ritter, Wall St. Cheat Sheet)
- Gold price drops to 4-month low after another Fed beating (Frik Els, Mining.com) From The Marvin Clarke Daily.
- Birinyi Reiterates Forecast For Protracted Bull Market (Bloomberg News, Financial Advisor Magazine) This is the counterpoint to yesterday's black swan article.