Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of today's reading list has the interest rate history of the U.S. (from Barry Ritholtz) ......... and the last story is a detailed accounting of the fiscal cliff legislation.
- Long Interest Rates, 1790 to Present (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture)
- Paul Ryan vs. Marco Rubio: The Politics of the Cliff Vote (Beth Reinhard, National Journal) Is the Republican primary race already underway?
- Pogue: Digging into the practice of fracking (Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture)
- Quote Of The Year. And The Next. (The Automatic Earth) Hat tip to Selva Tinnan.
- The Debt Is Too Damn High (The Can Kicks Back)
- How to Play the Volatility of 2013 (Stephen J. Solaka, Barron's)
- The Failure of Peterson-ism (David Wiegel, Slate)
- Through the Glass Darkly: What U.S. Intelligence Predicts for 2030 (Stewart M. Patrick, Council on Foreign Relations)
- The four business gangs that run the US (Ross Gittens, The Sydney Morning Herald) Hat tip to Charles Penderling.