Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list is about breakthroughs in financial reform ...... and the last article maintains that UBS deserves the death penalty for its LIBOR manipulation.
- Financial Reform's Breakthrough Year (Simon Johnson, Project Syndicate) Hint: The year is not 2012.
- Prechter: “This is Not a Picture of a Bull Market” (Elliott Wave University)
- Capital Markets Outlook 2013: Financial Transparency Gets Real (Melanie Rodier, Wall Street & Technology)
- The intelligence community’s meritocracy in action (Fabius Maximus) The dark side of intelligence.
- The Myth of the "Bond Vigilantes" (Matthew Yglesias, Slate)
- The Top 10 Science Stories of 2012 (Scientific American)
- Closest Sun-like star may have planets (R&D Magazine)
- How Democrats Became Liberal Republicans (Bruce Bartlett, The Fiscal Times)
- The Comedy of John Boehner’s “Plan B” (Shah Gilani, Wall Street Insights & Indictments) You won't believe what was actually in the House bill that never made it to the floor.
- UBS Libor Manipulation Deserves the Death Penalty (William D. Cohen, Bloomberg)