Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list is a review of the build-up of wealth inequality ...... and the last article addresses the impact of automation on labor unions.
- Defying Gravity (Dan Froomkin, Nieman Reports) A gripping history of the 40 years since wealth started falling up. Hat tip to Barry Ritholtz at The Big Picture.
- Investing Lessons Learned from 2012 (Sheraz Mian, Zacks)
- Means Testing Emerges as a Social Insurance Pill Democrats Could Swallow (David Dayen, Fire Dog Lake)
- Sorting out the Decade (John Mauldin, Bill Gross and Charles Gave, Outside the Box) Much food for further analysis and commentary here. Dynamite stuff!
- Beef's Raw Edges (Mike McGraw, Kansas City Star) We had an earlier version this on the reading list several days ago. The story is worth another read and this time there are pretty pictures to go with a very ugly story.
- RMD Conundrums (Natalie Choate, Morningstar Advisor)
- The Price Of “Collective Trauma”: Greece At The Brink of Civil War (Testosterone Pit) Hat tip to Naked Capitalism.
- Your handy recession indicators (Monetary Sovereignty)
- Automation is making unions irrelevant (Patrick Thibodeau, ComputerWorld)