December 17th, 2012
Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list is a story about how far the IRS will go to extract money from a relatively small estate ...... and the last article is describes how loan sharking is prevalent in school district loans.
- Court Denies Estate Tax Deduction for Debt Owed to Pre-Deceased Spouse (David H. Lenok, WealthManagement.com)
- Fiscal cliff splits big, small businesses on taxes (Jim Kuhnhein, Life Health Pro)
- Apple (AAPL) Cuts Component Order, Jefferies Says; Suppliers Hit (QCOM) (SWKS) (AVGO) (CRUS) (TQNT) (StreetInsider.com)
- Tech Finally Tackles The Fat Problem (Alyson Shontell, Business Insider)
- IBM Lights up Silicon Chips to Tackle Big Data (Scientific Computing)
- Norway ringing in thorium nuclear New Year with Westinghouse at the party (Mark Halper, Smart Planet)
- Mark Carney, Incoming Governor of the Bank of England, Dives Straight Into Monetarist Loony Bin (Mike Shedlock, Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis)
- Libor Scandal: This is Racketeering, Folks!! (Larry Doyle, Sense on Cents)
- School District Owes $1 Billion On $100 Million Loan (Richard Gonzales, NPR) Giant blood-sucking vampire squid are everywhere!!!