Econintersect: The Monster Employment Index UK saw fourth consecutive month in online recruiting ads. This is in sharp contrast to the Monster index for Europe, reported last week where the same four months have recorded contraction for the entire European region. The only other country showing a gain for November from a year ago was Belgium. Even Germany which has been the economic strongman was down inNovember. All measurements are made on a year-over-year basis so seasonality factors are essentially eliminated from the results.
Here is the summary from Monster Worldwide:
- The Monster Employment Index UK reports an annual increase of one percent, continuing the positive growth trend initiated in August
- Public sector, defence and community continues to lead all industry sectors by measure of annual growth in November
- Banking, finance and insurance is the weakest performing sector year-over-year, extending the negative trend to a 22nd consecutive month
- Annual online hiring for Skilled agricultural, forestry and fishery workers rises at the fastest rate among all occupation groups in November
- Of the regions measured by the Index, the Midlands notes the strongest year-over-year uptick with the region noting its most robust growth rate in six months
According to Julian Acquari, Managing Director of Monster UK & Ireland:
“November’s Index reports increased hiring for almost half of all industries as we enter into the fourth consecutive month of overall annual growth. Engineering continues to be a power-house of hiring growth among industry sectors, and healthcare also charted strong annual growth in November.”
Click on any table for larger image.
- Online Recruitment Levels Increase in the UK for Fourth Consecutive Month, According to Monster Employment Index (Monster Worldwide press release)
- Monster: European Employment Down 4% Year-over-Year in November 2012 (GEI News, 08 December 2012)
- Monster: UK Has Third Month of Online Recruiting Growth (GEI News, 13 November 2012)