Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list is a possible sign that volatility is about to take off ...... and the last reveals which US cities have real economic recovery.
- The Death of Volatility? (Izabella Kaminska, FT Alphaville) Is this a sure sign a blow-up is near?
- Correction Corporation of America Used in Drug Sweeps of Public School Students (Beau Hodai, PR Watch) Hat tip to Roger Erickson.
- xkcd: Calendar of meaningful dates (Flowing Data)
- Modern Portfolio Theory 2.0 - The Most Diversified Portfolio (Paul Allen, Seeking Alpha)
- How the New 3.8% Tax Works (Laura Saunders, The Wall Street Journal)
- The Conscious Lifestyle: Facing Your Stress (Deepak Chopra, LinkedIn)
- Why Robert Khuzami Would Be a Terrible Choice to Head the SEC (Yves Smath, Naked Capitalism)
- German man locked up over HVB bank allegations may have been telling the truth (Kate Connolly, The Guardian)
- How we read, not what we read, may be contributing to our information overload (Justin Ellis, Nieman Journalism Lab)
- Only three major US cities see economic recovery: study (Lisa Lambert, Reuters, MSN News) This is three more than 2011, but the other 73 U.S. metros are not there yet.