Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list is an article that predicts big moves in markets over the next three months ...... and the last is a novel proposal for a new hybrid money system and increased public banking for Europe. But before you click through to read the list, Happy Red Planet Day.
- Big Moves Coming in December, January and February (Toby Connor, EconoMonitor) From Gold Scents.
- Public Banks in Latin America (Alejandro Micco and Ugo Panizza, Inter-American Development Bank) Hat tip to Public Banking Institute.
- A Minimum Tax on the Wealthy (Watrren Buffett, The New York Times)
- Brian Giorgis right at home at Marist (Graham Hayes, ESPN) One of the great sports stories in American history. Graham Hayes just scratches the surface.
- Barron's Was Wrong: Facebook Will Hit $100 (Rocco Pendola, TheStreet.Com)
- Will the G.O.P. Push Grover Off the Cliff? (John Cassidy, The New Yorker)
- The Calm Before the Storm? (Russ Koesterich, iShares Blog)
- OECD urges gradual U.S. fiscal tightening to preserve growth (Lucia Mutikani, Reuters) Hat tips to Russ H. and Roger E. who wonder what the economic model is.
- The Cure for Europe: A Public option for Money and A public Bank (Scott Baker, OpEdNews)