Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list is a discussion by Simon Johnson asserting that the best person to chair the SEC is prosecutor Neil Barofsky ...... and the last is an acerbic discussion of Japan's aging demographic.
- Mary Miller vs. Neil Barofsky For The S.E.C. (Simon Johnson, The Baseline Scenario)
- The Tax Canard (Roger Conrad, Investing Daily)
- Fighting Fiscal Phantoms (Paul Krugman, The New York Times)
- Our Enemy, The Payroll Tax (Ross Douthat, The New York Times)
- Who Killed the Twinkie (David Weidner, MarketWatch)
- Mellon vs. Geithner (Douglas French, The Daily Reckoning, 26 November 2012)
- The Association of German Public Banks (Bundesverband Öffentlicher Banken Deutschlands, VÖB) Hat tip to Public Banking Institute.