Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list for today has an article about the outdated and decaying U.S. infrastructure ..... and the last is a detailed discussion of the mismanagement of the Greek economy.
- America's Mid-20th Century Infrastructure (Uwe R. Reinhart, The New York Times Economix, 16 November 2012)
- Real Estate: Data Still looking Good (Ed McCarthy, Advisor One, 16 November 2012)
- House Prices are Nowhere Near A Bottom Says Analyst (Keith Jurow, Interviewed by Henry Blodgett, Yahoo Finance) GEI contributor discusses bad bad for housing. Keith says banks are manipulating the market.
- Buy and Hold Is Dead ... Did It EVER Work? (Washington's Blog, 18 November 2012)
- Unions, Gold, and a "Devastating" Event (Agora, 5 Min. Forecast, 19 November 2012) Good thumbnail summary of the Hostess bankruptcy.
- BaBar experiment confirms time assymetry (R&D Magazine, 19 November 2012) If time travel became possible would a return to the past see an entirely different history?
- SBU's Reality Deck breaks one billion-pixel resolution barrier (Darren Quick, gizmag, 18 November 2012) Impressed with your 16 mega-pixel camera? Try 100 times greater resolution - all you need is a huge computer and a gigantic display.
- Private Property: Oliver's War, Brandon Park and paddling Rights (Lawrence P. Gooley, The Adirondack Almanack, 19 November 2012) Legal protection of property rights depends on who has the money.
- Why Greece is a Model of Economic Mismanagement (Delusional Economics at Naked Capitalism) Private sector debt drove the ship onto the rocks.