Econintersect: Click Read more >> below graphic to see today's list.
The top of our reading list for today has an article about the long-term fiscal outlook by Bruce Bartlett ....... and the last is a paper that investigates why the US recovery has been stronger than the UK.
- Our Long-Term Fiscal Future Is Better Than It Looks (Bruce Barlett, The New York Times)
- Remaking Federalism | Renewing the Economy: Resetting Federal Policy to Recharge the Economy, Stabilize the Budget, and Unleash State and Metropolitan Innovation (Brookings Institution)
- Chamber to Insert Energy Development into Fiscal Cliff Debate (Chris Frates, National Journal)
- Shale Gas Will be the Next Bubble to Pop (James Stafford interview of Arthur Berman, OilPice.com, HT to Naked Capitalism)
- 'Orphan' alien planet with no parent is found near Earth (Mike Wall, MSN)
- The Student Loan Time Bomb (Dan Amoss, The Daily Reckoning)
- The Next Chapter in China's Rise: Reforming a Corrupt System (Elizabeth C. Economy, Council on Foreign Relations)
- Israel's assassination of top Hamas commander 'has opened the gates of hell' (Hugh Naylor, The National)
- Why is the US Recovery stronger than the UK's? (Gavyn Davies and Juan Antolin-Diaz, Fulcrum Research Paper)