Realtor Magazine: Home prices are expected to rise in 40% of major metropolitan areas, according to Veros Real Estate Solutions, a research firm that provides information to the mortgage industry. Follow up:
The markets Veros expects to be strongest are:
1. San Diego/Carlsbad/San Marcos, Calif.
2. Kennewick/Richland/Pasco, Wash.
4. Fargo, N.D.
5. Washington, D.C. metro area
The five markets Veros expects to be weakest are:
1. Reno/Sparks, Nev.
2. Orlando/Kissimmee, Fla.
3. Boise City/Nampa, Idaho
4. Deltona/Daytona Beach/Ormond Beach, Fla.
5. Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce, Fla.
Source: HousingWire.com, Kerry Curry (12/22/2010)